Specializing in lettering & type design.
Spencer has taught Typography at the School of Visual Arts, served as Communication Judge for the Type Director’s Club 2017 Annual, and is a graduate of the Type@Cooper Extended program at the Cooper Union. Previously, he worked as a Sign Artist for Whole Foods, and then moved to NYC to work at Louise Fili Ltd from 2011–2014. He is left-handed, and has recently been exploring the underpinning of handedness in calligraphy.
Specializing in illustration & lettering.
Kelly graduated in 2012 from the Tyler School of Art in Philadelphia, interned at Hallmark Cards in 2011, and then went on to work at Louise Fili Ltd from 2012–2015 in NYC. Now working alongside Spencer, Kelly also gives hand-poked tattoos, which showcase her interest in illustrating plants, women, and bug-eyed critters.
Abrams Books, Barnes & Noble, Booking.com, Cardtorial, Dollar Shave Club, Idun, Martha Stewart Living, Knock Knock Miansai, The New York Times, Pentagram, Popular Mechanics, Samuel Adams, The Shea Theater, Sterling Publishing, Steve Cohen’s Chamber Magic, Tanamachi Studio, Target, Variety, The Wall Street Journal
Tell us about yourself.
Awards & Recognition
• Print Magazine, 15 Under 30, 2017
• Art Directors Club, Young Guns 12
• Comm Arts, Type Annual, 2013 & 2016
• Type Directors Club, 62nd Annual
• Design*Sponge, Studio Feature
• Decorative Lettering by BNN
• Build Your Own Brand by Robin Landa
• Little Book of Lettering by Emily Gregory
Want us to speak at your event, company, or school?
• Type Directors Club, Communication Judge, 2017
• TypeCon Boston, 2017
• Tyler School of Art, Restaurant judging, 2016
• Paperless Post, 2016
• Shillington School, 2016
• Lost Type, Philadelphia Field Trip, 2016
• Society of Design conference, 2015
• Library of Michigan, 2015
• Liquor or beer packaging
• Textile or wallpaper design
• Manhole cover
• Dungeons & Dragons 6th Edition
• Any restaurant that will pay in food
• USPS postage stamp
• Gold bars
• Candy bars
• Jenny Lewis album art